While Conservation finance is a hot topic, financial flows to preserve oceans, forests and freshwater ecosystems have to increase rapidly to protect biodiversity and limit global warming. Substantial private investment in natural capital is needed today!
The event hosted by the CPIC community will bring to focus the newest promising developments in conservation finance to scale up private sector investment in conservation.
During the event, the speakers will present best practices of some of the leading organizations and private sector champions investing in sustainable business practices that protect and restore our oceans and land. The audience will have an opportunity to follow an open panel discussion on how to replicate and scale existing financing vehicles for conservation.
Register here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cpic-bringing-innovation-to-private-investment-in-nature-conservation-tickets-71256966505?utm_source=other-website&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=CPIC&utm_content=partner-engagement
Host: CPIC (Coalition For Private Investment in Conservation)
- John Tobin-de la Puente, Professor of Practice of Corporate Sustainability at Cornell University
- Renat Heuberger, CEO, South Pole or TBC South Pole
- MaryKate Bullen, Director Sustainability and Communications, New Forests
- Gustavo Fonseca, Director of Programs, Global Environment Facility
- Charlotte Kaiser, Managing Director, NatureVest at The Nature Conservancy
- Stewart Maginnis, Global Director Nature Based Solutions Group, IUCN
- Sara Scherr, President at Ecoagriculture
- Fabian Huwyler, Co-Founder and Steering Committee member, Coalition for Private Investment in Conservation, CPIC